Friday, May 4, 2012

Michael Moore: "The Times They Are A Changing" [ his new recorded song ]

Dear Friends,

Here's a free song for you:

http://soundcloud.com/occupy-this-album/01-michael-moore-the-times

It's my contribution to "Occupy This Album",

http://musicforoccupy.org/

a compilation CD (99 songs!) featuring David Crosby & Graham Nash, Steve Earle, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Ani DiFranco, Third Eye Blind, Immortal Technique and Jackson Browne to be released Tuesday, May 15th. All proceeds from this album will go to fund the Occupy Wall Street movement (all the musicians and songwriters have donated their time and music).

They asked me if I'd like to record a poem or maybe make a music video of some of the songs. I said, "I could just sing a song."

When the laughter died down, I recorded this:

http://soundcloud.com/occupy-this-album/01-michael-moore-the-times

I hope you enjoy my first try at this new profession (though I have no intention of giving up my day job).

And thank you, Bob Dylan, for your contribution, and for approving this, my debut.

Enjoy!

Michael Moore
MMFlint@MichaelMoore.com
@MMFlint
MichaelMoore.com

press-release-575x480

Press Release: Occupy This Album

Contact: Kate Jackson at 818-453-8710 or katej@grandstandhq.com or press@razorandtie.com Download full press release Occupy This Album: a compilation of music by, for and inspired by the Occupy Wall Street movement and the 99% OUT MAY 15TH The City Winery in New York to Host Occupy This Album Record Release Party May 8th, 2012 Occupy This Album

No comments: