Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Story of the Wolf" !!

http://www.indigenouspeople.net/wolf.htm

Gray Wolf Recovery Project 

Nez Perce Tribe 
Attn: Volunteer 
P.O. Box 1922 
McCall, ID 83638 
Phone: 208-634-1061 

Email: cmack@nezperce.org

Wolf Project Report 2003.pdf 
Adobe Acrobat Reader needed (PDF file: 1149KB)

The Strength of the Wolf

The spirit of the Wolf resides in my heart
Mostly peacefully, yet ever wild
Running in time to the blowing wind
Dancing in the clouds that drift in the Heavens.

The spirit of the Wolf resides in my soul
Longing to hear the song of the Great One
Striving to be that which I am in my natural state
Succeeding only because of the Love that the Universe grants me.

Theme from Dances with Wolves

Wolf Web Rings

   
   

Circle of the Wolf


Eyes Of The Wolf Web Ring 
Heart of the Wolf 
In The Company Of Wolves 
Land Of The Wolves 
Northern Wolf Den 
Sacred Wolf Webring 
Sister/Brotherhood of the Wolf 
Spirit of the Wolf 
Spiritmates of the Wolf 
Tanken Ska - Realm of the White Wolf 
Wolf Web Rings 

276 Wolf WebRings at:

webring.com

enter "wolf" in Search box 

Wolf Stories

Ankakumikaityn the Nomad Wolf

How Rabbit Fooled Wolf 
(Creek)

How Rabbit Fooled Wolf

Wolf and Boy

Wolf Archives



Wolf Ceremony

Story by 
Cheif Dan George (1899-1981)


In my song, I appealed to the Wolf to come and preside over us while 
I would perform the Wolf ceremony so that the bondage between 
my grandson and the wolf would be lifelong.


I Sang.

In my voice was the hope that clings to every heartbeat.

I Sang.

In my words were the powers I inherited from my forefathers.

I Sang.

In my cupped hands lay a spruce seed...the link of creation.

I Sang.

In my eyes sparkled Love.

I Sang.

 
 

International Wolf Stories 

Cultural Excellance Award
 
Wolves at Twilight
 

Other Pages

Chronology of Wolf Evolution 
Dedication to the Wolf

Echoes of the Last Wolf 
Gray Wolf
(Canis lupus)
 
Lioncrusher's Domain 
Mexican Gray Wolf 
More Photos 
North American Gray Wolf 
Pictures of Wolves 
Thanksgiving to the Wolf 
Wild Wolves - Nova Online 
Wolf Paintings 
Wolf Subspecies 
Wolf Links 
Wolf Web 
Wolfsong Ranch Foundation 
Yellowstone Wolf Quest 2003


Wolf Videos 
(You Tube)

Native American Howling Wolf 
Native American World 
Night Wolf 
Sacred Spirit 
Song of Wolf 
Song of the Wolf 1 
Spirit Of the Wolf 
Videos about Wolves 
Wolf
Wolves Call of the Wild 
Yeha-Noha Native American chant

Wolf Poem

Wolves, like the Indian, 
choose their mates wisely 
and do not part till death; 
making the two spiritually entwined.

two spiritually entwined source: geocities page nativevoices - missing

The Final Song

His song was ancient and pure. The song of the wind and that of the moon. 
The Ancient ones cried when his music faded forever from their ears, 
and the children's dreams went sour without his lullaby.

In his music was contained the tales of all that ever was and a longing 
for what he knew was never to be. Never again was his kind to travel boldly 
and without fear across the great expanse. Respected and revered by all 
that heard his song or saw his shadow pass.

His song now a whisper, his bold step but a crawl, 
he gathered up his strength to cry one final call. 
He sang of sorrow for those who would never know and for those who 
knew too well that the song was meant to be.

When the song had ended and the echoes faded away, 
all eyes opened to what was lost.
Tears were shed and souls did go astray when they knew 
they had gone wrong, but no one stopped to 
think of these things... before the Final Song.


Moon when Wolves run together

Long ago, an old wolf came to that time when 
his life on earth could last no longer. 

"My people," he said,

"You can follow in my footsteps when the time comes 
for you to join me in the skyland."

Then he left the earth, climbing higher and higher, 
and each place he stepped the sky filled with stars.

Shunk man-i-tu tan-ka we call the wolves, 
the powerful spirits who look like dogs.
When they climb the hills to lift their heads and sing 
toward that road of stars, thier songs grow stronger as they join thier voices.

His Howl Can Still Be Heard

Wolf Spirits

Calling the Pack 
Chase
Devoted For Life
Dream Wolves 
Life Renewed 
Night Hunters 
Paired For Life 
Relax on a Lazy Day
Spirit Wolf Pack 
Shadow Wolf
Sister of the Wolf 
Teacher of Mysteries
Wolf Spirits 
Wolf Vigilance 
Wolves in the Snow 
Wolves in the Night

No comments: