Thursday, April 19, 2012

10 Apps to Keep Your Business Organized !

http://mashable.com/2012/04/18/mobile-apps-business-organization/?WT.mc_id=en...

Scott Gerber is the founder of the Young Entrepreneur Council, a nonprofit organization that promotes youth entrepreneurship as a solution to unemployment and underemployment.

No matter what industry you’re in, so much of any business depends on networking. But keeping track of business contacts, back-to-back meetings, and pending deals can be a real headache. Thankfully, there’s an app for that. A few, actually.

I asked a panel of successful young entrepreneurs for the mobile apps that keep them on track in their work and on the go. Here are their favorite suggestions.


1. LinkedIn CardMunch


CardMunch is a real problem solver for me. I used to have stacks of business cards that always needed to be processed. Now I scan them and often auto-connect with the person on LinkedIn, giving me something to anchor the face-to-face meeting and go back to if needed.

- Derek ShanahanFoodtree


2. Asana


Asana, our project management tool, links to mobile devices and is a great asset. The software allows us to update projects, request followups, and tracks all user activity so nothing is lost in the vortex of e-mail. Use the calendar function to see upcoming meetings at a glance, including notes, attendees, and dial-in information.

- Kelly AzevedoShe’s Got Systems


3. Launch Center


Launch Center is a way to organize the most important things you need to get done on a day-to-day basis, but can also be used for reminders. Things should be simple, and this app makes everything on your iPhone one tap away from being checked off your list.

- Ashley BodiBusiness Beware


4. Bizzabo


Bizzabo is an excellent app to keep track of connections you’ve made at conferences and meetings. It’s also an exceptionally powerful way to network with others while you’re at events and even after you leave.

- Ben LangEpicLaunch


5. Remember the Milk


Remember The Milk is the to-do list I use for everything I do. I have customized and improved my RTM experience a bit through their API, but at the very least, it can serve as an easy-to-use task list that you can leverage anywhere you go.

- Logan LenzEndagon


6. ToutApp


ToutApp is the networking tool that I use the most while I am on the go. One of the hardest things to do is to follow up with people that you meet from networking events. This app makes it easy to send templated followup messages with just a simple text. It will also enter that person’s contact info into your favorite CRM system.

- Lawrence WatkinsGreat Black Speakers


7. Hashable


If you want to introduce people on the go, I highly recommend Hashable. It’s especially perfect for the informal introductions that are so common in the tech scene, where you can just introduce two people on Twitter and leave the rest to them.

- Matt WilsonUnder30CEO.com


8. Google Calendar


Having your calendar handy is a huge boon when you bump into that investor or new hire of your dreams. Google Calendar lets you lock in a time for a longer meeting at the moment that you meet someone. It’s a simple way to make sure that you connect with this person again.

- Aaron SchwartzModify Watches


9. Mobile Assistant


Through Mobile Assistant, I’ve gotten my thoughts transcribed on the go. I just call in to a mobile number, record my thoughts, and then they’re sent to me the next day. Whether I’m recording meeting notes or creating a draft of a new proposal, I’ve never documented things this quickly.

No comments: